Cod and avo salsa
As much as I get annoyed with taking mortgages out time and time again to buy avocados for breakfast and lunch, they do make a fantastic sweet chilli salsa. The preparation for this dish is super simple, but a few spoonful of the sweet and sour salsa brings everything alive with flavour.
1 Small cod steak
2 Tbsp. oil
1 Handful white or brown rice
2 Tomatoes, diced
1 Avocado, diced
4 Tbsp. chopped coriander
1/2 A red onion, diced
Juice of 1 lime
2 Tbsp. of sweet chilli sauce
1) Cook the rice as per instructions in salted water and keep warm while you prepare the rest of the dish.
2) Mix together the Tomatoes, avocado, coriander, red onion, lime juice and chilli sauce and season with a pinch of salt. Set aside.
3) Heat the oil in a frying pan on a medium heat and season the fish lightly before frying on one side
4) Until it starts to colour. Turn it over with a spatula and leave for 2/3 minutes on a low heat to finish cooking.
5) Place the fish ontop of the rice and spoon over the salsa and a squeeze of lime juice.