Burgers with Cajun fries
Most people see burgers and think CALORIES! But it’s a little bit of a misconception, when you make your own you can control what goes into it. By using lean mince the fat content is kept to a minimum and frying it gently in almost no oil, plus baking or pan frying the wedges keep everything far from the guilt of fast food.
100g Beef Mince
2 Tbsp. Tomato sauce
Pinch of Salt and Pepper
5 Tbsp. Cajun Seasoning
Handful of Feta
1 Rasher of Bacon
Handful of Rocket
1 Burger Roll
1) Mix the beef mince with the tomato sauce, salt and pepper and mix together well.
2) Take the feta cheese and push it into the middle of the meat as you form a burger shape and put it in the fridge while you make the wedges.
3) Cut the potatoes into wedges and boil on the stove until tender. Drain off the water and dust with the Cajun seasoning.
4) Put a frying pan on the stove on high heat and add a little oil. When the pan is hot add the potatoes and keep the pan hot and sizzling until the wedges start to brown all over. remove from the pan and set aside.
5) Wipe out the pan and heat up the pan again with a splash of oil, sear the burger for about 3 minutes on each side until coloured and cooked through.
6) Take the burger out and cook the bacon in the still hot pan until crispy. Remove the bacon from the pan and build up the burger bun with all of the elements and place the wedges on the side.